Thursday 5 October 2023

Preliminary exercise learner response

1) Feedback:

WWW:

You have displayed some excellent editing and technical skills throughout this preliminary exercise. Great choice of locations to establish the fantasy genre, your match-on-action was spot on which was a requirement of the preliminary brief. Fantastic variation of camera shot and angles which again was a requirement of the brief.

EBI:

Just a small detail but just ensure the chase scene is more fast-paced there were moments where it felt quite slow and also ensure you meet the timing requirements of the brief as your original project was double the length of the brief requirement.

2) Reflection:

WWW:

  • I filmed my preliminary exercise in an adequate location which followed accurate conventions of fantasy genre.
  • I demonstrated great use of match-on-action through my editing choices and rerecording my scenes from many different angles.
  • I included intense background music which emphasised the tension and suspense building up throughout the scene.

EBI:

  • I need to work on my timing in order to meet the required length given by the brief.
  • I need to include more uses of mise-en-scene, specifically costume.
  • I need to quicken the pace in order to make it all the more climactic and captivate the audience more.
3) I have learnt how to successfully demonstrate the use of match-on-action in order to make my production flow seamlessly throughout its entirety. I have also learnt the significance of filming in good locations so that it's clear on what the genre is. Next time, I will take advantage of my locations to their full extent to make the production more intense and exhilarating. I will also include a range of different actors/actresses to provide representation and inclusivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Videogames: Kim Kardashian

Language: 1)  The objective of the Kim Kardashian: Hollywood game is to create your own star, with the ability to customise your look and ou...