Wednesday 9 November 2022

Demographics and Psychographics

1) What information do media companies use to create a demographic profile of their audience?

Media companies create demographic profiles by categorising different types of people into different groups, to find an overall target audience for their media piece. The demographic classification they use to gather information of their audience consists of: age, gender, social class, education, race/ethnicity, job/earnings/profession, home (and whether it's in the city/village/countryside).

2) Why are media companies and advertisers increasingly using audience profiling and not just demographics?

Media companies and advertisers use audience profiling as well as demographics in order to ensure that whatever they are trying to sell or attract audiences with best suits the likes of their target audience. This is because specific things, like a product for example, are more useful in certain places and to a particular group of people. It is essential for companies to use audience profiling so that they have a clear image of their target audience and engage with them on a deeper level, also so that they can determine who will use it daily and who will spend the most money to purchase it.

3) What psychographic groups fit YOUR own interests and lifestyle? Explain your decision and remember you may fit into two or three different groups.

I personally feel that I fit into "the aspirer", "the explorer", and "the succeeder". I think I'm an "aspirer" because I can be easily influenced by other people's opinions and perceptions rather than my own. I also care about where I stand within society. I believe I'm an "explorer" as I am open to challenges and I always want to discover and learn about new and interesting things. I try to live life to the fullest and make the most of every moment, by also striving to try new experiences. Moreover, I reckon I'm a "succeeder" as I always have a strong goal that I aim for and are willing to do a lot in order to achieve it. I am also a generally organised and well-collected person and seek higher roles in specific things, when I feel that it's what best matches my ability and that it's what I rightfully deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Videogames: Kim Kardashian

Language: 1)  The objective of the Kim Kardashian: Hollywood game is to create your own star, with the ability to customise your look and ou...